The Colorado Association of Biomedical Equipment Technicians (CABMET) is a non-profit organization comprised entirely of unpaid volunteers dedicated to better patient care through the advancement of Biomedical Equipment Technology. The association encourages a free exchange of information between BMETs, hospitals, and vendors. CABMET seeks to promote education in STEM fields and the recruitment of talented STEM students into the healthcare technology field.
- The award is worth $500.00 and will be presented as a check to the winner at the annual CABMET Symposium.
Number of Awards
- At least one per year to be presented on the first Friday of August at the CABMET Symposium. Multiple awards may be available depending on funding availability and corporate sponsorship.
- Student must attend one CABMET function (Meetings, Volunteer Work Days, etc) during the prior twelve months and must be present at the Symposium on Friday afternoon to receive the award.
- Student must have attended school for at least six credit hours during one semester of the past twelve months with at least a 2.0 GPA on the 4.0 scale.
- Student must be enrolled in a degree program closely related to one of the following areas of study: Computer Networking, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Programming, Database Administration, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics, Automation, Electronics Technology, or IoT. Relevance of the student degree to the required areas of study will be determined solely by the Officers of CABMET. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions relating to degree program eligibility.)
- Deadline for application submission is July 15th
- Scholarship will be awarded based on a combination of factors, including GPA, course load, relevance of major, and CABMET participation.
Questions? Contact someone in our leadership, or mail us at P.O. Box 24345, Denver, CO 80224.