- This event has passed.
10/19/2023 CABMET Meeting and Election
October 19 @ 18:15 - 20:00
Join us for our October CABMET Meeting and Elections!
- Date: Thursday, October 19th
- Time: Dinner served at 1815, meeting starts at 1845.
- Host: UCHealth (Auxiliary Support Building E, Room 124)
- Address: 2450 South Peoria St, Aurora, CO 80014
- Speaker: Phil Englert, VP Medical Device Security, Health-ISAC, Inc.
- Topic: Medical Device Cybersecurity & HTM
From hospitals and clinics, to physician offices and increasingly the home, patient care happens on a number of levels and medical devices are threaded together in the continuum of care. Medical devices are purpose built to provide clinical functionality. They are often limited in the cyber controls needed to protect device integrity and patient data. What are these challenges and what strategies, and countermeasures can healthcare employ to build resilience? How can the risks be evaluated, prioritized, and managed? Join us for a guided tour that will explore technologies, techniques and countermeasures to manage the risks MedTech creates and the program elements HTM staff need to build a practical foundation for protecting clinical functionality, healthcare delivery, data protection, and patient safety.